The DarkBox DMX Micro is an ultra compact and scalable single output DMX tunable LED dimmer. The DMX Micro also has a variety of built-in patterns (blink, strobe, candle flicker, power surge flicker, and pulse) for special effects lighting without the need to program complex DMX signals. This device occupies 3 DMX channels, which controls brightness, speed, and mode, respectively.
- Important: The DarkBox DMX Micro comes factory set to DMX address 1. Due to the compactness of the device, an external DarkBox Programmer is required (sold separately) for address selection beyond the default. When the device powers up, a sequence of pulses on the 100s, 10s, and 1s LEDs will indicate the programmed DMX address. For example, an address of 512 will pulse the 100s LED 5 times, 10s LED 1 time, and 1s LED twice. Power and signal are delivered using standard 2.1mm DC jacks and 3.5mm mini-jacks, respectively. Multiple devices can be chained together for unlimited expandability to match the user’s needs.
- DMX signal via mini-jack: Darklight DMX controlled products use 3.5mm mini-jacks (stereo audio tip-ring-sleeve) due to the compactness of their size. While standard DMX applications call for XLR plugs and cables, we design our devices using mini-jacks to allow for miniaturization. Users have the choice of splicing the signal cable to convert from XLR to mini-jack or to simply use off-the-shelf male to male stereo audio extension cables to carry signal. Experimentally, we’ve tested over 50 of our DMX devices daisy chained together over 300 meters without signal degradation using audio cable.
- Makes any dimmable 12VDC LED flicker, strobe, blink, surge, pulsate, or dim
- Fully tunable speed and brightness for any mode
- Standalone operation with DMX signal is possible if tuned and programmed with DMX Programmer app
- LED indicator displays output mode even without external LEDs attached
- Non-repeating algorithm for unique and realistic flicker patterns
- Themed entertainment (dark rides, Halloween attractions, bars, nightclubs, casinos)
- Museums displays (wall mounted artwork and display cases)
- Theatre and stage accent lighting
- Mobile displays
- Retail spaces
- Architectural accent lighting
- General purpose accent lighting
- Fountains and water displays
SKU DB22 Input 12VDC Output 12V PWM output, up to 2A load Dimming PWM Dimensions 71mm (2.8″)x 67mm (2.6″)x 15.5mm (0.8″) Power connector 2.1mm DC jack with screw terminal adapter Signal connector 3.5mm TRS jack with screw terminal adapter IP Rating IP30
DMX Channel Descriptions
Channel Name Level Description Ch 1 Brightness Level 0-255 Dim to bright Ch 2 Speed / If Ch 3 is 0, Ch 2 controls blink speed
If Ch3 is non zero, Ch 2 controls speed of function
Ch3 Built-In Functions 32-64 Fade in 65-96 Fade out 97-127 Pulsing 128-159 Surge 160-191 Strobe 191-255 Flicker